Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

iUniverse....the journey continues......

Happy to report that I've have had a successful week with iUniverse!

I decided to get OPTIONS submitted first so they can get working on that, so earlier this week I went through the steps on the iUniverse website to get the book in their hands. They have a spot on their website for clients to sign-in and once you have paid your deposit, your personal space is made available to you.

You simply follow the logical steps, putting in information they need about you, blurbs about the book for your back cover, a description of what you want the covers to look like, etc., etc. As I already have artwork for both my books, I plan on sending iUniverse the original photos and the cover and see what they can do, if anything, to improve on it. Not that there's anything wrong with what Jordan has designed but the cover designers at iUniverse may have some ideas.

One of the features I get with the "package" I purchased is an editorial evaluation of the book - which I consider a HUGE bonus. I haven't had any "professionals" look at the book(s) and am looking forward to this stage. I'm told the evaluation will be ready in 2-3 weeks.....in the meantime, I received a generic email from the Editorial Team at iUniverse yesterday, describing the process and what type of reaction I might have to receiving critical advice. Basically, they're telling you that you may not like what you hear...... I say so what? -- that's LIFE. Sometimes it sucks to hear the truth! Although I'll probably be wimpering in a corner when I get the evaluation and when I get my composure back I'll likely be demanding the editor's credentials....HAHAHA!

Today I submitted the second book, ARTIFICIAL INTENTIONS.

So yours truly is happy to report that the first leg of my publishing journey with iUniverse has been relatively painless!

Stay tuned for further reports!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the second book to be released! It's fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely one of the best blogs I’ve seen in ages online. Maintain your excellent posts. bald patch

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have provided unique information here in this site. This can be easily be understand by the readers. gray hair treatment

    ReplyDelete