Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm 54 years old today and thankful for every year I've had. Not to be maudlin about it, but I am blessed/lucky. Why you ask? Well, it could be because of:
  • the people around me who tolerate/love me in spite of my numerous character flaws
  • three incredible children who make me swell with pride every time I think about them and their accomplishments - simply put, I am in awe of them! (Roxanne, Kathleen and Jordan)
  • the thirty five years I have spent with the most wonderful partner in the world: my husband, my hero, the love of my life (Darryl)
  • the newest man I fell in love with three years ago, my grandson Jonathan (until you experience the birth of a grandchild it is hard to explain how the sight of them makes your heart go pitter-patter)
  • the expectation of new grandchildren (TWINS expected in late September 2009)
  • the wonderful parents I had and the example they set (Bill and Isabel)
  • three best friends who are also my siblings and my biggest supporters (my eldest sister Linda, my brother Abe, and my youngest sister Roxanne)
  • the wonderful partners of my siblings (Phil, Sheila), partners of my children (Colin, Mat), and the progeny of my siblings and siblings-in-law (Sean, Alexandra, Naomi, Will, Erin)
  • the great people I work with and because of them, the best job in the world

Yes, today is definitely a day to count my blessings! One of my favourite things about my birthday is checking out my birthday horoscope in the papers (Ottawa Sun, Ottawa Citizen, National Post, and Globe & Mail). I LOVE reading about the year ahead (I secretly believe my horoscope and religiously read it every day). So what do the soothsayers say about today's birthday girl?

Ottawa Sun says: You are influential and witty. You are resourceful, vibrant and a true joy to be around. You are highly literate, verbose, popular, reliable, cultured, and well-travelled. You're a wise and kind intellectual and enjoy the company of others like yourself. You may marry one of your first loves.

Well, I am verbose and did marry my first love. All the other stuff makes me smile and truth be known, I want to be all those other adjectives.....

National Post says: Something you're noted for is your ability to overcome obstacles and challenges. You are peaceful; you're wise; but you can be tough. You believe that experience is the greatest teacher. You're a natural leader; however, you can play it solo as well. You're extremely supportive as a partner, helpmate, guide or advisor. This year a new cycle begins for you. Open any door!

I know that this year holds lots of promise and am slap-happy that my horoscope is predicting the same!

Globe & Mail says: Your birthday message is simple and to the point: stop trying to be perfect and start being yourself. If you follow that advice over the coming year you will find a happiness you were beginning to fear might not exist. Love yourself and others will love you too.

Ohh, since when did horoscopes start kicking where it hurts?

I'm hopeful about so much in the coming months, especially as it relates to my book! So, Happy Birthday to Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment